- The Leary Firefighters Foundation and EMC Corporation Burn Tower and Training Center, a SCBA Response Vehicle, Rescue Boat, and Special Ops vehicle for the Worcester Fire Department;
- A Tactical Command Unit, Fire Rescue Boat, and Rehabilitation Vehicle for the Boston Fire Department;
- A Mobile Command Center, Flashover Simulators, and High Rise Training Simulator Building for the New York City Fire Department;
- A fleet of search and rescue flat bottom boats for the New Orleans Fire Department;
- Rebuilt 11 critical firehouses in New Orleans ravaged after Hurricane Katrina;
distributed $1.9 million to the families of firefighters who perished on 9/11 through The Fund for New York’s Bravest (closed in 2003)
The Leary Foundation’s Grant Program, The Jeremiah Lucey Grant Program, was named in honor of Denis’ cousin who perished in the Worcester Cold Storage Fire in 1999. The Lucey Grant Program provides financial support for training and equipment needs in the current geographical funding areas of New York and Massachusetts and Detroit, Michigan.
- description of the organization seeking support
- overview of project to be funded and grant amount requested
- problem/challenges project will address
- timeframe for implementation of project
- summary of other sources being approached for support of project
In addition to the letter of inquiry, a project budget should be included.
Letters of inquiry should be sent in writing to: Leary Firefighters Foundation, Grant Requests, 568 Broadway, Suite 601, New York, NY 10012 or via email to: email@example.com.
Please note that all electronic submissions must include “Grant Request” and the name of the department requesting funding in the subject of the email. All submissions must also clearly indicate the name, phone number and email address of the individual submitting the request.